The panel discusses the following topics about the future of robotics:
- Consumer vs. commercial vs. industrial robotics. Each one of the panelists introduces what their company is building and why they picked the product that they are working on.
- Short-term vs. long-term: robots with a single focused function vs. humanoid (general AI use case). What are the biggest technical constraints at the moment for the latter?
- Educational toy robots. What is the role of robots in education? Is this the best roadmap for - eventually - a kids companion robot?
- Hardware businesses are tough and the IoT / Robotics 1.0 wave has scared off investors. Hardware (eventually commoditized) vs. software (intelligence). What do the panelists plan to do differently, especially in terms of a software revenue stream or a data play to diversify from hardware?
- Labor challenges (shortages, turnover, safety) are driving service robotics innovation. Are these robots the lowest hanging fruit in terms of market deployment? Where first, e.g. agriculture, F&B, cleaning, security?
- What are the challenges with the sales process in commercial robotics?
- Production operations issues. U.S. vs. China vs. elsewhere.
- Distribution in China. How's the experience so far for Wonder Workshop